Training & Educational Programs
CoMotion Educational Programs:
CoMotion Innovation Training helps UW researchers develop a business mindset with programs like Idea to Plan, I-Corps and more.
CoMotion Labs, UW’s incubator program, offers events and networking open to anyone. For example, “Fundamentals for Startups Friday” is a weekly presentation series covering topics from raising capital to scaling to exit strategies. They are presented by seasoned guest speakers who deliver valuable content designed to help startups and entrepreneurs thrive. Lectures are typically 30-40 mins, followed by open Q&A.
Click here for an archive of videos from Fundamentals for Startups.
Here is a link to the events page where you can learn more about this and other startup-related events.
The Buerk Center:
Find resources related to mentoring, business plan creation, company formation, and funding, including the Dempsey Startup Competition (Dempsey Startup), a platform for student-led ventures. Learn more: Center for Entrepreneurship and Undergraduate Entrepreneurship Programs.
Science & Engineering Business Association:
SEBA helps to develop science and engineering students into business professionals, and to which business leaders come to engage professionally-minded students.
Entrepreneurial Law Clinic:
From the website: The ELC is a transactional and counseling clinic, which means that we do not represent clients in litigation, arbitration, mediation, or any other active dispute. Instead our services center on providing your business with a comprehensive “legal and business audit” that will help you identify issues before they become serious problems. We will provide you with a confidential report, generally at the end of the academic quarter in which you or your business became a client. This report will also give you guidance on how to proceed to remedy potential problems and/or establish systems to limit or prevent standard business formation and growth pitfalls. Our standard representation includes a commitment only to this audit process.
Upon mutual written agreement between you and ELC, we may extend our representation to assist you in basic entrepreneurship-focused legal service, such as:
- Forming a corporation, limited liability company (LLC), or other legal business entity as appropriate
- Filing simple intellectual property (IP) documents such as provisional patent applications, copyright registrations, and trademark registration applications
- Reviewing, negotiating, and/or drafting contracts such as commercial leases and loans, vendor agreements, services agreements, or employment agreements
- Assisting in compliance with state and local business licenses and taxes
- Drafting and execution of trademark and copyright registrations, provisional patent applications, and licensing or assignment agreements
- IP counseling regarding branding, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, freedom to operate, unfair competition, antitrust, publicity rights, and privacy rights
Phone: (206) 616-5854