Skip to content

Outgoing For-Profit Material Transfer Agreements

UW routinely shares materials with researchers at for-profit institutions. However, some of the materials may be part of a UW licensing portfolio. To help protect your IP, the Agreements Group can review the request to determine if an MTA is an appropriate document for the transfer of your materials.


  1. Please send an email request to CoMotion Agreements Group with
    • A brief description of the materials
    • The name of the researcher requesting the materials
    • The name of the for-profit institution with which he or she is affiliated
  2. Please provide a brief description of
    • What the recipient party will be doing with the materials
    • Where the materials originated
    • The funding source that led to their development
    • Whether there has been a recent publication
    • Whether the materials will be formally disclosed to CoMotion
  3. We will then draft the MTA, send it via email attachment to the recipient party, and copy the UW Principal Investigator (PI) on email correspondence.