UW routinely shares materials with researchers at for-profit institutions. However, some of the materials may be part of a UW licensing portfolio. To help protect your IP, the Agreements Group can review the request to determine if an MTA is an appropriate document for the transfer of your materials.
- Please send an email request to CoMotion Agreements Group with
- A brief description of the materials
- The name of the researcher requesting the materials
- The name of the for-profit institution with which he or she is affiliated
- Please provide a brief description of
- What the recipient party will be doing with the materials
- Where the materials originated
- The funding source that led to their development
- Whether there has been a recent publication
- Whether the materials will be formally disclosed to CoMotion
- We will then draft the MTA, send it via email attachment to the recipient party, and copy the UW Principal Investigator (PI) on email correspondence.