CoMotion supports and highlights University of Washington researchers, entrepreneurs and startups through blogs, webinars, news and licensing guidelines – please bookmark this page for continuous updates.
COVID-19 licensing guidelines
CoMotion is a signatory to these COVID-19 licensing guidelines to enable rapid access to university innovations addressing the current pandemic. The guidelines are endorsed by the AUTM Board of Directors and consistent with the association’s long-standing support for humanitarian licensing.
Tips/Training & other resources
- Fundamentals For Startups video: “Negotiating Startup Life through a Crisis” (full video with CoMotion’s Ken Myer moderating discussion with entrepreneur Xiao Wang and investor Dan Rosen)
- “Leading a startup through the crisis” podcast on GeekWire – CoMotion’s Ken Myer moderates discussion with entrepreneur Xiao Wang and investor Dan Rosen
- Webinar video: “What startups need to know about the Paycheck Protection Program“, presented by Michael Avent and Ben Straughan, partners at Perkins Coie law firm (https://www.perkinscoie.com).
- Read about tips from CoMotion Labs startups on working remotely
- Also, you can find this list of COVID-19 resources for small businesses and nonprofits created by the Entrepreneurial Law Clinic at the UW School of Law.
- The National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering (NIBIB) is urgently soliciting proposals and can provide up to $500M across multiple projects to rapidly produce innovative SARS-CoV-2 diagnostic tests that will assist the public’s safe return to normal activities. See this website for more information.
UW Researcher COVID-19 innovations news and stories
- Read this message from CoMotion Director and Vice Provost for Innovation, François Baneyx – “UW innovation accelerates in the face of adversity”
- CoMotion announces new Director’s Award for UW innovations that address a pressing societal need – inaugural award goes to team of UW researchers assessing the persistence of potentially infectious aerosols in medical facilities
- Read about Dr. Deborah Fuller and team racing toward a COVID-19 vaccine
- UW News covers UW researchers who need your digital coughs; Go directly to the Ubicomplab cough collection study to participate
- UW Urology’s Dr. Tom Lendvay leads COVID-19 research with Amazon grant
- Read about TransformativeMed’s Core COVID-19 tracking tool and app in the Puget Sound Business Journal (subscription required) or see the dedicated page about the app on their website
- Read about UW researchers working with CoMotion to accelerate their innovations addressing COVID-19
- GeekWire covers mental health tech UW spinoff Lyssn and the launching of its telehealth platform, week of May 18, 2020
- VR Ulysses launch beta version of their VR data visualization software with COVID-19 data from John Hopkins Center for Systems Science and Engineering, and the COVID Tracking Project. See image below
- A-Alpha Bio receives $800K from the Gates Foundation for COVID-19 treatment research. Read more in GeekWire
- Membrion say it’s spray treatment could make cloth masks more effective against COVID-19. Read more in The Seattle Times.
- Icosavax turns VLP Tech to COVID-19 Vaccine, with $16.5 Million in new financing. Read more on the BioSpace website.