Notification for Collection and Use of Personal Data
You are notified that when you submit information through the forms in this web site, the University of Washington (UW) is collecting certain data about you. UW CoMotion is collecting data as follows.
- The information you provide within Material Transfer Agreement forms is used and stored internally only to process your Material Transfer Agreement (MTA) request.
- The information you provide within Express Digital Content license forms is used and stored internally only to process your Express Digital Content license.
- The information you provide within the Consultation Request form is used only to answer questions and match you with an Innovation Manager.
- The information you provide in the Report an Innovation (ROI) form is used and stored internally only for innovation disclosure and follow-up contact with an Innovation Manager.
- The information you provide within Tour, Presentation, and Rental request forms is used and stored internally only for scheduling of those events.
- The information you provide within contact forms is used only to answer CoMotion questions and requests.
- The information you provide for the CoMotion eNewsletter signup form is used only for your mailing list subscription.
Retention of Data
UW may also use this data to comply with its legal obligations. Data records will be maintained for at least their minimum required retention according to the applicable UW Records Retention Schedule(s):
Records will be accessed by those who have a legitimate UW-related business need to access them.
The UW may use various technologies such as cookies, applets, scripts, server logs, custom URL parameters, tracking images, information and correspondence, or web analytics to collect information.
Depending on your browser you may be able to disable certain collection methods. This may limit your ability to use some features of this website.
Additional Information and Requests
For additional information, to request access to or a copy of your personal data, or to request certain data be removed, you may contact:
Senior Computer Specialist
UW Data Protection Officer
If your data protection related questions or concerns are not addressed after contacting the organization area to which you provided data, you may also contact UW’s designated data protection officer, Ann Nagel, Institutional Privacy Official and Associate Vice Provost for Privacy, firstname.lastname@example.org.