LINKS TO POLICIES AND REPORTS AT THE UW AND STATE OF WASHINGTON.
The Executive Orders (EO) provide the foundation for the policy at the UW. Details about current operation and implementation are found in the Administrative Policy Statements (APS) and Grants Information Memoranda (GIM). The references provided below are intended only as a starting point on this broad topic. See theUW Policy Directory for a comprehensive treatment of the policies governing activities at the UW.
- UW Patent, Invention, and Copyright Policy (EO36)
- Technology Transfer (APS 59.4)
- Policy on Sales of Goods and Services (APS 59.5)
- Research Data (GIM 37)
- Employee Responsibilities and Employee Conflict of Interest (EO32)
- Outside Professional Work Policy (EO57)
- Financial Conflict of Interest Policy (GIM 10)
- UW Ethics Guide
- WA Ethics in Public Service (RCW 42.52)
- 2005 State Ethics Act – the safe harbor provision
- National Academies, Managing University Intellectual Property in the Public Interest, 2010. Free download.
- AAUP, 1940 Statement of Principles on Academic Freedom and Tenure
- AAUP, 1999 Statement on Copyright
- AAUP, Intellectual Property Issues for Faculty, 2004
- Supreme Court opinion in Stanford-v-Roche, 2011
- Bayh-Dole Act, 1980
- AUTM, The Bayh-Dole Act: It’s Working
- AAUP, Summary of Recommendations: 56 Principles to Guide Academy-Industry Engagement, 2014
- AUTM, Nine Points to Consider in Licensing University Technology, 2007