This position offers interested students a great chance to understand the commercialization process and gain in-depth experience in university technology transfer. The Fellows program provides access to Seattle’s vibrant venture and entrepreneur communities and exposure to alternative career opportunities. Fellows develop real-world skills as they learn to assess new technologies, perform market research, and create marketing materials. Once trained, they work on clearly delineated early-stage projects. Fellows work a maximum of ten hours per week, and must be available to work at the CoMotion offices for at least two of those hours. Appointments are for one year, and can be renewed throughout the Fellow’s PhD program.
- Degree – Ph.D. level students with authorization to work in the US.
- Area of Study – Including, but not limited to, Engineering, Physics, Chemistry and Materials Sciences, Information Technologies, Medicine/Life Science.
- Consent of Ph.D. supervisor.
- Strong scientific/technical background
- Commitment and availability for 10 hours per week (for a minimum of 1 calendar year)
- Enthusiasm and willingness to tackle new challenges
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
The Spring 2017 application cycle is now open. The Fellows Program typically holds recruiting rounds twice per year, and we encourage submissions and resubmissions from previous applicants who have taken steps to strengthen the desired skill set and experience. The following courses and activities will strengthen your application, but are not required:
- Participation in the Program in Technology Commercialization (PTC), a partnership between the College of Engineering, the Department of Bioengineering
- Enrollment in classes at the Foster School of Business, including the Arthur W. Buerk Center for Entrepreneurship
- Participation in Science and Engineering Business Association (SEBA)
- Prior business experience
If you are interested in applying for the Spring 2017 round, please submit your Resume and Cover Letter expressing your interest in the program to firstname.lastname@example.org by 03 March 2017. You will be contacted by 10 March 2017 if you have been selected for an in-person interview.